Pine Mountain Lake Golf & Country Club
Golf Tournament Rules
Men’s Club Tournaments to Resume!
We hope everyone has stayed healthy over the last two months as we have seen our lives changed due to Covid-19. Everyone has needed to make changes in their lives, from sheltering-in-place to wearing masks whenever you go out in public. But we are now starting to see life slowly returning to the “new normal,” with businesses beginning to reopen and people beginning to venture out more.
In that vein, we are happy to announce that the Men’s Club will begin to hold tournaments again, beginning in early June with the Club Championship. We have had six tournaments cancelled in the last two months, but we are Ready to Play again.
A new tournament schedule has been posted on the website, and sign-up sheets are being prepared for the tournaments. We are happy to announce that we have been able to reschedule four of the six tournaments that were cancelled, and they have been added back into the schedule. Please make sure you check all of the dates, because a few of the dates have changed.
In order to ensure that everyone stays safe and healthy while participating in these tournaments, several new rules will apply. Please review this list, and be prepared for our “new normal.” These rules will remain in place until Tuolumne County eases some of the restrictions on group activities. We will provide further updates as we move through the year.
- All tournament players names must be listed on the player roster, no walk-on play is allowed.
- Sign-ups for a tournament will Close 5 Days Before Each Tournament. There will be no exceptions for the first several tournaments.
- Tournaments will be limited to the first 48 players to sign up to ensure that we have enough single rider carts.
- We encourage people to use the online sign-up forms, and to pay online via credit card. If this is not possible, you may still drop your entry form in the Men’s Club box in the pro shop, or give it to the person manning the desk in the pro shop in an envelope marked with the tournament name.
- NO GATHERING TOGETHER, BEFORE OR AFTER THE ROUND.
- Turn in your scorecard outside the Pro Shop immediately after the round. The card will be verified by someone from the golf shop.
- Players are asked to leave the facility immediately after they turn in their scorecard.
- Maintain ‘Physical Distancing” 6 feet apart at all times, on and off the course.
- Drinking fountains and the ice machine are not available. Bottled water is available at the Snack Shack or you may bring your own water.
- Tournament results will be posted to com, and will be emailed to tournament participants by the committee shortly after the tournament. Winnings will be deposited into the pro shop account of each player finishing in the money.
- Dinner events associated with some of the tournaments are postponed until we get further direction from the county pertaining to group gatherings.
- Single rider carts for each player is required unless of the same household.
- Golf carts have been disinfected before staging.
- Players are asked to keep the carts on the path as much as possible & use the 90 degree rule.
- Please remove all trash and personal items from the cart after the round.
- Starting will be by tee time only, NO SHOTGUN STARTS.
- Your tee time will be posted to the web site at least two days before the tournament. It will also be posted outside the pro shop. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR TEE TIME BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT DAY.
- Maximum of 4 players in each tee time.
- 14 minute tee time spacing.
- Show up no earlier than 15 minutes before your tee time. If you want to hit range balls, arrive 30 minutes prior.
- All practice areas will be OPEN, with strict “Physical Distancing” requirements.
- DO NOT touch or remove the flagstick.
- A spacer has been placed in the cup so the ball will not go to the bottom of the hole. The ball will be considered “holed” when it makes contact with the spacer inside the cup.
- Each player MUST have their own set of clubs.
- Do not handle or share other player’s equipment.
- On course contests are not allowed at this time.
- Bunker rakes have been removed, please smooth over the imprints you make with your foot before leaving the bunker. Check your event rule sheet for special instructions.
Have A Great Event! The race for Player of the Year is on again !!
ABOUT THE MEN’S GOLF CLUB
The Pine Mountain Lake Men’s Golf Club (PMLMGC), is an organization of properly handicapped golfers, that helps improve the quality of play and increases interest and pleasure in playing golf at the Pine Mountain Lake Golf & Country Club. The club is a non-profit organization and is registered with the Northern California Golf Association (NCGA).
Click Here for a great article from NCGA’s 2016 fall edition on the Pine Mountain Lake Golf Course.