Pine Mountain Lake Mens Golf Club News
The PML Men’s Golf Club (PMLMGC) has a full slate of golf tournaments scheduled through the summer which should keep our members busy. After some heavy spring rain, we are looking forward to fantastic weather for our summer events, which include the following:
6/9-10 Club Championship
6/21-23 Mother Lode Invitational
6/27 Blind Draw (includes free appetizers provided by the PMLMGC)
7/14 4-man, 2 Best Ball
7/28-29 NCGA Net Championship
8/11 Hamburger Tournament
8/25 Summer Shamble
We have made it easy to sign up for tournaments, so get your entries in early. You have three convenient choices for signing up:
* Pick up an entry form in the Pro Shop, and drop it in the PMLMGC drop box with your entry check
* Sign up online by clicking on the tournament name in the 2018 Tournament Schedule. Make sure to mail or drop your entry check in the drop box prior to the day of the tournament
* Click on the tournament name in the 2018 Tournament Schedule, and click “Print Downloadable Version”, which can be mailed along with your entry check.
We hope all members sign up early and often to take advantage of these fun events.
A NOTE ABOUT POSTING SCORES
The Pro Shop posts all “postable” scores (not scramble or Shamble) from PMLMGC Tournaments as tournament scores, so that a player’s handicap will most likely go down if they post a few scores below their regular handicap.
Part of the responsibility of the PML Men’s Golf Club is to ensure that ALL scores get posted accurately after each round. Please do your part (and remind your playing partners, ESPECIALLY when they have a good round) to be sure to post every score, whether it be a tournament or practice round, and whether it be home or away.
Remember, you should always post a score, even under the following conditions:
* You have been given “GIMMEE” putts during the round
* You are playing Winter Rules and bumping the ball
* You have played at least 13 holes to be able to post for 18 holes
* You have played at least 7 holes to be able to post for 9 holes
In closing, I look forward to seeing everyone on the course this summer for some great rounds of golf.
Fairways and Greens,
2018 PML Men’s Club President
About the Men’s Golf Club
The Pine Mountain Lake Men’s Golf Club (PMLMGC), is an organization of properly handicapped golfers, that helps improve the quality of play and increases interest and pleasure in playing golf at the Pine Mountain Lake Golf & Country Club. The club is a non-profit organization and is registered with the Northern California Golf Association (NCGA).
Click Here for a great article from NCGA’s 2016 fall edition on the Pine Mountain Lake Golf Course.
For information about the club’s events throughout the year, visit the “Tournament Schedule” link. The “Membership Information” link also provides information for club members.